When someone you know is feeling #suicidal, you might not know what to do. Most often, you might not even understand that they are feeling something like that. Learning the warning signs becomes extremely important in that case. Watch carefully:
- Are they talking about #suicide every now and then? Are they using phrases like "Wish I were not alive" regularly?
- Is he/ she avoiding social contacts and gatherings and preferring to stay alone all the time?
- Is he/ she having frequent mood swings and #emotional outbursts?
- Are they getting dependent on drugs and alcohol?
- Saying goodbye or giving good bye hugs as if they won't be seen again.
- Are their eating, sleeping, working routines getting disturbed recently?
- Is he/ she constantly missing the presence of any particular person?
What you can do?
- Be kind and patient with the person.
- Don't leave the person alone.
- Try to find if the person has gone through a hard time recently.
- Try to manage the contact numbers of close family members and friends and speak to them.
- Seek professional help.
- Don't make them feel low or guilty that they are having negative thoughts.
If you want to be of someone's help, leave this in comment so that others can know:
I AM HERE TO TALK. I AM HERE TO LISTEN. I AM HERE FOR YOU.
#mantalhealth #mentalwellbeing #mentalwellness #mentalhealthmatters #suicide #suicideprevention #letstalk #suicidal#suicide#emotional#mantalhealth#mentalwellbeing#mentalwellness#mentalhealthmatters#suicideprevention#letstalk
Posted On:11 Sep 2020 3:24 PM
Do you know that human needs are comprised of a five-tier model? And, any imbalance in this hierarchy can cause disturbance in the individual's mental health and well being.
Needs lower down in the hierarchy must be satisfied before individuals can attend to needs higher up. From the bottom of the hierarchy upwards, the needs are: physiological, safety, love and belonging, esteem, and self-actualization.
#mentalwellness #mentalwellbeing #humanneeds #psychology #mentalhealth #mentalhealthmatters #safety #security #happiness #mentalwellness#mentalwellbeing#humanneeds#psychology#mentalhealth#mentalhealthmatters#safety#security#happiness
LET'S TALK MENTAL HEALTHThere is a big stigma in India around people suffering from any kind of mental health issues. And, there could be no better time than Now to open up about these issues.Be it our personal space or professional, mental health and wellness has a major role to play. Today, let's share our opinions on what needs to be changed in this country, how can we all come forward to break the stigma, and contribute towards each other's well being. #mentalwellbeing#mentalhealth#mentalhealthawareness#depression#wellbeing#breakthestigma#healthawareness
Posted On:17 Jun 2020 1:27 PM
Minding Our Minds During The COVID-19 Lockdown
These can be difficult times for all of us as we hear about the spread of the COVID-19 from all over the world, through television, social media, newspapers, and other sources. The most common emotion faced by all is Fear. It makes us anxious, panicky and can even possibly make us think, say or do things that we might not consider appropriate under normal circumstances.
Taking care of our mental health is as important as taking care of our physical health right now.
#mentalhealth #mentalwellbeing #mentalillness #healthiswealth #healthylifestyle #mentalhealth#mentalwellbeing#mentalillness#healthiswealth#healthylifestyle
Anal Fistula Treatment Circumcision Fissure Treatment Near Me Gall Stone Surgery Hydrocele Treatment Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery Laser Piles Treatment Piles Doctor Near Me Pilonidal Sinus Treatment Varicose Veins Treatment