When someone you know is feeling #suicidal, you might not know what to do. Most often, you might not even understand that they are feeling something like that. Learning the warning signs becomes extremely important in that case. Watch carefully:
- Are they talking about #suicide every now and then? Are they using phrases like "Wish I were not alive" regularly?
- Is he/ she avoiding social contacts and gatherings and preferring to stay alone all the time?
- Is he/ she having frequent mood swings and #emotional outbursts?
- Are they getting dependent on drugs and alcohol?
- Saying goodbye or giving good bye hugs as if they won't be seen again.
- Are their eating, sleeping, working routines getting disturbed recently?
- Is he/ she constantly missing the presence of any particular person?
What you can do?
- Be kind and patient with the person.
- Don't leave the person alone.
- Try to find if the person has gone through a hard time recently.
- Try to manage the contact numbers of close family members and friends and speak to them.
- Seek professional help.
- Don't make them feel low or guilty that they are having negative thoughts.
If you want to be of someone's help, leave this in comment so that others can know:
I AM HERE TO TALK. I AM HERE TO LISTEN. I AM HERE FOR YOU.
#mantalhealth #mentalwellbeing #mentalwellness #mentalhealthmatters #suicide #suicideprevention #letstalk #suicidal#suicide#emotional#mantalhealth#mentalwellbeing#mentalwellness#mentalhealthmatters#suicideprevention#letstalk
Posted On:11 Sep 2020 3:24 PM
September 6-12 is observed as Suicide Prevention Week.
Here are a few eye-opening facts around suicide in India and all over the world which prove that we as a society have a lot more to realize, understand, and do for suicide prevention and mental health crisis.
#mentalhealth #suicideprevention #depression #anxiety #healthcare #mentalhealth#suicideprevention#depression#anxiety#healthcare